Saturday 1 December 2007

I have been knitting!


Albeit slowly! Everything seems to be taking such a long time though! One thing I have completed is the mini sock and blocker, courtesy of and many thanks to Rosie. The cute little keyring, now complete with mini sock and shown in situ on my handbag, was my second place prize in Rosie's caption competition.
There's nothing new otn, and I'm getting a bit bored now with my current wips. My lace jacket has one sleeve finished and blocked, and I'm going to try to sew it in this weekend - I'll take a photo to post when that's done. My ripple stitch scarf is coming along, and I've got one sleeve left to do on a charity baby sweater that I've been making. Again, I'll take a photo when it's complete, which I'm hoping won't be too long.
With Christmas looming on the horizon, Mr.Diviknitty and I have got our annual Christmas shopping trip to Peterborough on Monday. We both hate the crowds at this time of year, so we deliberately choose the first Monday in December, which is always much quieter, and in general, we get it all done in one hit. Along the way, we treat ourselves to lunch and have a thoroughly nice day, so I'm really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Guess what I've just added to my faves in Ravelry?! Glad to see you've made good use of that blocker. Hope the Xmas shopping goes well, I'm hoping to get all mine done in Vienna, but if that fails, it will be IOU notes all round.

picperfic said...

I spent Saturday in Peterborough fighting the crowds...I guess I need to put the first Monday of December into my diary for shopping in future....people were everywhere!