Saturday 9 August 2008


When I heard about the Ravelympics, I was in two minds about whether or not to join; after all, there are currently 2 projects otn, do I really want another? I've knit to deadlines before and don't really like it, but it is after all just a bit of fun, so I decided to go for the brocade leaves sweater from the fall issue of Knitscene. Although it isn't my favourite design from the magazine, it was the only one I could find suitable yarn for from stash. It's a dk that I got from my mum when she had a de-stash a few months ago in cream with subtle splashes of very pale pink and green, really pretty. I swatched last week and I'm having to use smaller needles to get the right gauge; with 4mm it was very loose, so I've had to go down to 3.5mm - the fabric's a bit firmer, but still works ok. So, cast on was yesterday, during the opening ceremony of the real olympics, (which I'm afraid I didn't watch because all those drums drove me batty after 5 minutes!) and as I've had a day to myself today, I've done quite a bit of knitting. The challenge for me will simply be getting a sweater finished in just over 2 weeks, so I really wanted to get a good start. I've just had a message from Mr.Diviknitty to say his plane from Belfast has been delayed an hour, so no more time to blog - there's knitting to be done!

1 comment:

picperfic said...

That looks like a pretty knit! I am doing some WIP Wrestling and a couple of small things for the Baby Dressage. Good luck!