Thursday 10 December 2009

It's been a while!

In fact, it's been a very long time, hasn't it? I hope now that I can get back into some serious blogging without the long absences. Knitting's been a little slow this year - I joined a stash knit-down group on Ravelry, thinking it might give me some incentive to make in-roads into the yarn mountain. I've managed to use up a whopping 17 balls of yarn this year - not good, eh? When you take into account the 35 balls that have found their way into the stash during the past 12 months, it hasn't been much of a stash down either! I will be trying again in 2010, mainly because I think the idea is fundamentally a good one. There have been extenuating circumstances this year that have prevented me from doing too much with the sticks and string, so maybe the new year will give me a fresh knitting start.
However, I do have many photos to share, just not today. Mr Diviknitty and I haven't long returned from a fabulous three and a half weeks in Australia and Fiji. As soon as the photos have been sorted out I promise to pick out some choice moments to share with you .
Current project otn is Sissinghurst from the latest Rowan book. I haven't made anything Rowan for a while, but several garments in their winter offering caught my eye. It's a vest knit in pure wool 4ply in four shades; the slip stitch pattern is one of those wonderful ones that looks like fair isle but in fact you only knit one colour at a time. So far I'm very happy with it and I'll knit a bit more so that I've got something more worthwhile to show than a few rows of ribbing.

No comments: