Monday 30 April 2007

A couple of FO's



Something bizarre happened to yesterdays post - when I went to veiw it, half of it was missing! It was all there in the preveiw but it seems I've been hit by the gremlins, so I'll try again today and see what happens.


A couple of FO's from earlier this year - above is a sweater I called Rainbow for obvious reasons. The yarn is from Lang Yarns and is called Mille Colori; the photo doesn't do it justice but there really are a thousand jewel bright colours. I bought it from Ally Pally last October - it's very warm and soft to wear; although it did lose a bit of colour in the wash.


This one is a hip length tunic I called Cloud. It's in Sirdar Blur, which is 70% acrylic/30% kid mohair.I'm one of those poor unfortunates with a wool allergy - I'd go crazy if it wasn't for that acrylic content which makes it beautifully soft next to the skin. It's also very economical - this took slightly less than 3 50g balls, knit on 5.5mm with a tension of 16sts/22rows to 10cms.......


.....and here's a close up of the lace pattern.
OK, fingers crossed that this publishes in its entirety!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Found you! Glad to hear that you're blogging and wonderful to catch up with your FOs. You're obviously streets ahead of me already when it comes to using blogger: am most impressed to see that you've got a list of blogs in your sidebar, muggins here still hasn't sussed that one out. Happy Blogging!