Sunday 3 February 2008

Progress



Isn't it nice to get a week when you seem to have lots of knitting time? This has been one of those weeks so one sock has been competed. I used the sock solution software to create a toe up sock with easy toe cast on, half handkerchief heel with partridge eye; the construction seemed a little odd - the sole was knit straight to the very end of the heel with the heel turn at the back of the heel, but it seems to have worked out ok. I knit about 10cms of k2p2 rib for a deep turnover cuff with picot edge - I like the result, and the basketweave pattern has enhanced the self striping yarn.
Also got quite a lot done on the Trinity jacket, back, 2 fronts and half a sleeve so far. Hopefully got a Sunday afternoon of knitting to look forward, so I'd better get on with the (small) pile of ironing so I can justify any other inactivity!






No comments: