Tuesday 26 January 2010

No photos today, just a quick update on what I'm knitting. I managed to block the Sissinghurst vest from Rowan's winter magazine last weekend, and have now done the neckband and 1 armband. The other armband is scheduled for this evenings knitting and hopefully I'll get time to sew it up too - I might even wear it tomorrow.
With Sissinghurst blocking, there was no knitting on the needles, so I started Portree, also from the latest Rowan magazine. I did the ribbing but had a bit of a false start. This is my first venture into stranded colourwork for a long time and you know when you've only done a few rows of the main pattern but you just know something's not right? Well, I had that moment and decided to rip back. I'd only done about 8 rows so it wasn't a disaster, but it was a good choice. I reworked the rows and now it's much better. I've put it to one side while I get Sissinghurst finished - if I don't get that sewn up soon it'll never get done, and it's too nice to languish in the unfinished objects bag.
I'll attempt to take photos of both projects soon.

No comments: