Sunday 14 February 2010


These are my 2 current wip's - Portree from Rowan in Felted Tweed, the back is now finished and the front has just got the ribbing completed . The pattern is intuitive after the first couple of repeats and I'm pleased with how it's working out. I usually do fair isle way too tight so I'm really trying hard to loosen my tension for this, and so far so good. Blocking should smooth out any kinks. I'm not sure yet if Ill do the belt for this - I think I'll wait and see what it looks like without.




The socks are Rick from Sock Innovation - all of the patterns in this book are noteworthy and it was difficult to pick one; in the end I thought this would go well with the yarn I wanted to use - Natural Dye Studio blue faced leicester which has been in my stash for way too long. It's incredibly soft and quite loosely plied so it's a bit splitty, but I'll forgive it because I like it so much. The pattern is lace and twisted rib which swirls around the sock so I'm finding I need to re-arrange the stitches after each 4 row repeat. I've done a bit more work since I took the photo; I'm almost at the heel flap now.

No comments: