Wednesday 17 March 2010

Portree finished


A very quick post to show off my recently finished Portree vest, which I'm very proud of! Once set, the pattern's obvious and I found I didn't need to keep my eye on the chart. I'd recommend knitting this circularly though - the pattern's awkward to match up for sewing the side seams. The yarn amounts were plenty - I've got a whole ball of the lighter colour left over and about half a ball of the rust. Lovely yarn to knit with (Rowan felted tweed) and I'd definately use it again.
I did a continental cast on to give a gently rounded edge; in hindsight, I think I'd do a regular cast on, as the one I chose (for neatness) has a bit too much elasticity, and I think might end up a little baggy - time will tell. But all that stranded colourwork should makethis top lovely and warm - just as spring seems to have sprung!

No comments: