Friday 11 May 2007

What's OTN?

Lace, that's what! I love knitting lace - always have done - although my skills at photography are somewhat less advanced than my knitting skills! These are the best images I could muster, but you get the idea. So I apologise for the slight "out of focus", but hopefully I'll improve!

I know many knitters are less enamoured of lace knitting than I am, but it's the delicateness (I doubt that's a word, somehow) of the texture that does it for me! One day, this piece will turn into a hip length cardigan with a hood ( if I have enough yarn). It's Cherry Tree Hill merino lace, a 100g skein with a massive 2400m, colourway Tropical Storm. It's a dream to knit with, but this project has a lot of growing to do yet - I'm working in one piece on circulars, and being laceweight on 2.25mm and 366sts (yes, 366sts) well, watch this space! It's also very much a "just keep knitting and see where it takes me" kind of thing. I have a vague idea of the the end result, but I'm taking one step at a time - next stop, armhole shaping.

And now some more lace! Still very delicate, 2ply laceweight from here on slightly bigger needles - 3mm - this time, and nowhere near as many stitches as this is destined to be a scarf when it grows up.
So, it's Friday afternoon, the houseworks all done and I sense a weekend full of knitting in the offing - bring it on!

No comments: