Saturday 27 October 2007

The case for dishwashers!


I'm one of those poor unfortunates who doesn't possess a dishwasher. I get along quite happily without one, as long as someone else dries and puts away. In fact, apart from dealing with the mountain of crockery and cutlery that is a part of a family Sunday lunch, I don't ever feel the need to acquire one! Oh, there is one other scenario. I fill the bowl with hot water, add a little fairy liquid for a nice soapy mix, reach for the marigolds to protect the knitting hands, and promptly drop them into said bowl of hot soapy water. I can think of one word to describe this - yuk! - because no matter how hard you try, the inside of that marigold just will not dry!
But I am rippling, as you can see from the photo. Not quite ripplemania yet, as Rosie has become a victim of, but it could happen. The pattern is from Jan Eatons 200 ripple stitches, a fabulous book, and the yarn is Shaeffer "Anne". I love this colourway, it looks like autumn berries, and this will grow up to be a warm scarf ready for winter.
I finished the butterfly sweater in time for my weekend in York - in fact, I wore it for almost the entire time we were there, so it's awaiting a wash, and I promise photos soon.
Lastly, I received my Ravelry invite about a week ago, and have just started putting stuff on there. My user name is "justjayne", please come along and say hi.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

EEugghhh, wet rubber glove linings are the pits.

My dishwasher is called Graham, and jolly good he is at it too!

As for the ripples, are you sure you've not been infected? I've seen your wips over on Ravlery, where you appear to be making a grament employing 2 different ripples! And, no, I've not been cured. The swirly scarves were just a temporary diversion!