Monday 1 October 2007

I succumbed..


...and cast on for a new project. I'm afraid I needed a bit of instant knitting gratification in the form of actually being able to see a bit of progress after a whole evenings work. The yarn has been languishing in my stash basket for an indecent length of time; one of those that you don't quite know what to do with but keep going back to anyway. A germ of an idea was born a couple of weeks ago and had to be started before being forgotten. I've got 11 balls of Debbie Bliss DK cotton, the colour's a sage green which is poorly represented by my abbysmal photography, and should soon turn into a 3/4 length sleeved polo neck sweater. So far I'm loving knitting with it - being a beautiful smooth cotton, it's showing stitch texture really well - and it's growing quickly, so knitting boredom has hopefully been averted! I am still knitting my laceweight jacket - I'm about halfway up the first sleeve, but it is taking a tedious time to grow!
By the way Rosie, I was midnight too! Oh, and there's about 10,000 ahead of me now in the Ravelry queue, so you were right when you said how quickly they're sending out the invites now.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

That looks really lovely, how are you making those little stars, are they twisted stitches? (I can never get realistic colours from my camera...nb: not that I blame to tools and not my technique!)